Friday, January 21, 2005

Language of Power and Animal Science

I am an animal science major planning to enter the field of poultry genetics, where the language of power is very important. As a geneticist, I would have to communicate authoritatively to my research assistants in order to keep their respect, and to my bosses to explain my findings and recommendations. Corporate people expect the scientists working for them to be well-educated, and in America part of the 'well-educated' character involves being able to communicate through the language of power. People who don't understand all of the science often depend more on the style of the argument or explanation in order to make their decisions rather than the content.
~Taylor Callicrate

1 Comments:

At 10:16 AM, Blogger You've Got What I Need... said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home