Monday, May 17, 2010

Academic writing to CMC ratio is decreasing

I agree that the language used via email, website and text messages are not good grammar. Since students are using these devices more than reviewed papers and textbooks they are losing the ability to produce accurate grammar. I wish there was more emphasis on learning proper grammar in school.
I do agree that text message language is appropriate in some cases. However, there are becoming less and less situations in which people use proper language. People are using computer mediated communication much more. I find to hard to believe that CMC is enhancing the English Language. I feel like it is more cheating its way around a language, by ignore the rules that it does not care to learn. Even programs such as spell check is harming the spelling abilities of computer users. I know that I rely on spell check much more then I should.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home